Traineeships are an opportunity for young people to gain real work experience, job skills and improve your English, Maths, and Digital Skills if needed. The programme is FULLY FUNDED and runs for a minimum of six weeks with the content tailored to your individual career needs.
At its core are a high-quality work experience placement, work preparation training, and English, Maths, and Digital Skills if needed. Traineeships give young people aged 19 to 24 the skills and experience that employers are looking for, helping you to boost your careers prospects with an apprenticeship or other employment in the future.
• Achieve a sector specific qualification essential for your career path eg: SIA Course and Licence (Door Supervision or CCTV), Construction CSCS Test/Card
• Opportunity to build your CV
• Work with local and national Employers
• Work preparation training ready for Employment or an Apprenticeship
• Maths and English support
• Essential Digital Skills training, if needed
• Short Mental Health Awareness training course
• Potential job interview at the end of your placement
Learning & Skills Solutions work in partnership with colleges across the country to deliver high quality adult learning. These colleges act as a funding conduit for the Education & Skills Funding Agency.
We currently work with the following prime colleges to fund our Traineeship programmes:
You will be told at your induction which college your Traineeship programme will be funded through.
More information on how to find a Traineeship can be found on the governments’ National Apprenticeship Service website
Page last reviewed/updated: 22.03.2021
Employer incentive payment of £1,000 is currently available to employers who provide a work placement opportunity (up to July 2021)
Please contact us for more information.